VAT - Advisory & Compliance
At Mazars, we offer pragmatic solutions to issues raised by VAT and indirect tax regulations.
Mazars’ International VAT & Customs Group consists of experienced VAT-specialists, based in the Mazars offices all over Europe.
Value Added Tax, or VAT, is a tax charged on most Business to Business or Business to Customer transactions in all the countries of the European Union and in a growing number of other countries.
The laws establishing the VAT are national laws. In the EU the national laws are framed within certain parameters specified by the EU in Council Directive 2006/112 on common system of value added tax.
The complexity of VAT legislation is a growing concern for businesses. Management of VAT and other indirect taxes is a key issue, especially for companies involved in international trade.
Our specialists can assist you in the context of:
- VAT registration / VAT de-registration
- Review or preparation of the VAT declarations on an annual and/or periodical basis
- Review or preparation of the intra-community reporting’s
- Review or preparation of the MOSS reporting
- Review or preparation of the Intrastat reporting
- Review of accountancy from a VAT point of view
- VAT help desk
- VAT advice
- VAT audit by tax authorities
- Pre-litigation claims